Legendary Bollywood Actress Sridevi passes away at 54
McDonald's: Nerds Can Have Their Szechuan Sauce
UK police investigate 'racist' white powder sent to Prince Harry's fiancee
Football Coach Died Protecting Students During Florida School Shooting
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Visit Scotland
Ricky Gervais Says Tide Pods Are for Bathing, Not Eating!!!
20 January 2018, 03:55 | Nina Hammond
YouTube Wants You To Stop Eating Tide Pods Because 2018 Is Weird As Hell
"We work to quickly remove flagged videos that violate our polices", a spokesperson told nine.com.au.
A Hurts Donut branch in Witchita, Kansas, aimed to make the "Tide Pod Challenge" safe for consumption by transforming it into an edible donut.
The Tide pod videos constitute a violation of the Google-owned (GOOGL) video platform's longstanding policy, which prohibits potentially harmful or unsafe content. Facebook, the social media giant that also owns Instagram, is also taking action to combat the trend. Procter & Gamble, which owns the Tide brand - and whose clout as an online advertiser is significant - had already said that it was pressing social platforms to remove the videos. On its part, YouTube said video challenges that could spawn unsafe acts will be immediately flagged and marked for deletion. Some teens shake, stir, or even cook them.
Why is the tide pod challenge risky? Last year, College Humor published a video titled "Don't Eat the Laundry Pods". Both of these stories were obviously produced as jokes, but, long story short, people eventually started filming themselves eating the pods and uploading the videos.
"Teens trying to be amusing are now putting themselves in danger by ingesting this poisonous substance", Ann Marie Buerkle, chairperson of the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, told Good Morning America.
President Trump Tweets That DACA Is 'Probably Dead'
Trump later declared "the language used by me at the DACA meeting [Thursday] was tough, but this was not the language used". Government funding expires midnight Friday without a deal in place, and some government functions will begin to go dark.
More than 40 calls relating to children aged 13 to 19 eating laundry detergent pods have been recorded in the U.S. this year, with half believed to be due to intentional ingestion and many more going unreported, according to Minnesota Poison Control System.
So far in 2018, there have been 37 reported cases among teenagers - half of them intentional, according to the data.
"Everyone needs to be aware of the dangers of swallowing the contents of a single-load laundry packet".